Who should try this experience?
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
How can you start learning now?
Contact Staff@ThreeChicksDiving.com to sign up for a Discover Scuba Diving program and get a Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide. Your Participant Guide explains the experience and lets you pre-study the safety rules and skill techniques your dive professional will review with you. You’ll also learn about opportunities to become part of the scuba community after you complete your underwater experience.
What scuba gear will you use?
Your PADI Pro will likely provide all the basic scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a tank.
Breathing underwater for the first time is thrilling, so don’t wait.
- Download the PADI Discover Scuba® Diving Participant Statement (pdf).